Assessment 4 details and instructions
Assessment 4: Complete project documentation
Building on previous assessments, you are the project manager for the Case Study project, and required to complete the remaining documentation for the project.
Read your project Case Study carefully, and then prepare the following documents. As you work through these tasks, identify any areas where you do not yet have sufficient information, and may need to ask further questions from your project sponsor.
- Implementation plan – Identify the conditions surrounding the Case Study project, required for successful implementation. This may include, but is not limited to, management structure, style and culture, levels and boundaries for authority and autonomy, personal skills, attributes and characteristics of those in the project team. (Approximately 700 words)
- Management plan – Document how the Case Study project will be managed. This will build on question 1 above, with emphasis on what will be controlled and by what techniques and tools. The four primary areas of focus should be Time, Cost, Resources and Quality. Include other areas you determine to be relevant for successful management of the Case Study project. (Approximately 800 words)
- Project performance evaluation – From your work on managing the project, identify the methods, tools and techniques you would use to determine whether the Case Study project goals have been achieved. (Approximately 600 words)
- Project closure – Identify the steps required to close off the Case Study project and what activities should take place, post-project. (Approximately 400 words)
A report format is acceptable, but must include discussion of the approaches used for the above sections. Diagrams, charts, tables and illustrations may be used to help communicate or describe an approach. These must be supported by a written discussion and not relied on to tell the story themselves.
Assessment will be based on your discussion of tools and techniques considered and used for each section of the plan. You should discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each approach considered and support your chosen approach to each section for the case with academic research.
Minor weighting will be given to re-submission of parts 1 & 2 that incorporate changes initiated by the assessment 3 intervention. Make sure you read the Assessment 4 marking criteria carefully before you start your work. Submit your assessment as a Word document of no more than 2500 words.
Tips on preparing your assessment:
- Base your report on academic sources, e.g. journal articles, books, chapters in books.
- You may refer to other sources, such as internet sites, magazines, or newspapers, as long as you include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed academic resources
- Communication skills are important, so proofread your work carefully before you submit. The standard of your writing will affect your mark.