1. How do information systems support the major business functions: sales and marketing, manufacturing and production, finance and accounting, and human resources?
• List and describe the information systems serving each of the major functional areas of a business.
2. How do systems serve the various levels of management in a business and how are these systems related?
• Describe the characteristics of transaction processing systems (TPS) and role they play in a business.
• Describe the characteristics of MIS and explain how MIS differ from TPS and from DSS.
• Describe the characteristics of DSS and explain how DSS differ from ESS.
• Describe the relationship between TPS, MIS, DSS, and ESS.