©Al Tareeqah Management Studies – 2022 1
SBS – MSC/MBA
|UNIT TITLE||UNIT CODE|
Name (in Full) ____________________________________________________________
• All assignments are to be submitted on 14th July 2022 at https://www.atmsstudentgateway.com with the login credentials shared
• Make sure to submit the assignment ONLY to [email protected] and [email protected] if student gateway
credentials are not received.
• If a program participant submits the assignment late, but within 1 week after the submission date a 20% penalty will be applied.
E.g.: If a student scores 90 in an assignment, the final mark will be 76 after penalty is imposed.
• Any Assignment submission extension request must come to Azra Fatima (Head: Examination | Academic) – [email protected] 5
days before the date of submission with a valid reason and supported documentary evidence.
• Similarity between student’s work is strictly not accepted, any student found with similar work will be graded Zero and fail for the
course. However, Plagiarism is an academic offence and will not be tolerated.
• Any reevaluation request should come in 5 days of grade release. Any late request will not be obliged. (Form and other details
shall be shared based on request)
• Re evaluation cannot be requested for plagiarized assignments as the assignment stands as an academic misconduct.
• Re evaluation request is only applicable for any failed courses provided the mark range from 59 to 69. Any grade which is below
the range is however not applicable for this request.
• Any rescheduling request should come and fulfilled within one week after the actual date of the assessment. Any late request will
not be obliged.
• If a program participant submits the assignment after 1 week from the submission date, without any prior approval, then the
student is deemed to fail the course.
• Assignment once submitted to exam board is final for marking.
©Al Tareeqah Management Studies – 2022 2
• Program participants are strongly advised to keep a copy of their work in case the submitted copy should go astray.
• Total 90 marks. 10 Marks for Class Attendance. Final marks will be converted to 90 marks.
PS. Kindly note to adhere to all the above instructions. Failing to read this, ATMS will not be responsible for any actions taken.
GUIDELINES FOR ASSIGNMENT
a) If assignment is Question & Answer based then.
• Introduction is needed for each question.
• Question has to be answered based on the mark allotted for each question with references if any idea or information is taken
from other source.
b) If assignment is case based then,
• Executive summary
• Table of content
• Body of assignment (questions related to case need to be answered)
• Conclusion / Recommendation if any
• References (in-text + citation) to be used.
Total Marks / 90
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, by representing someone else’s work as your own or using someone else’s work (another student or
author) without acknowledging it with a reference. This is a serious breach of the Academic Regulations and will be dealt with
accordingly. Students found to have plagiarized can be excluded from the program.
Plagiarism occurs whenever you do any of the following things without acknowledging the original source:
✓ Copy information from any source (including the study guide, books, newspapers, the internet)
✓ Use another person’s concepts orideas
✓ Summarize or paraphrase another person’s work.
How do I avoid plagiarism?
To ensure you are not plagiarizing, you must acknowledge with a reference whenever you:
✓ use another person’s ideas, opinions or theory
✓ include any statistics, graphs or images that have been compiled or created by another person or organization
✓ Paraphrase another’s written or spokenword.
What are the penalties?
The penalties for plagiarism are:
✓ Deduction of marks,
✓ A mark of zero for the assignment or the unit, or
✓ Exclusion from the program.
Plagiarism is dealt with on a case-by-case basis and the penalties will reflect the seriousness of the
breach. Please note claiming that you were not aware of need to reference is no excuse.
©Al Tareeqah Management Studies – 2022 3
1. State vision and mission statement of your organization and highlight their key
features. Suggest any changes in vision or mission statement if you deem necessary.
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of your chosen organization and examine its implications.
3. Analyze long-term objectives of your organization and examine specific strategies
chosen by it to achieve them.
4. Analyze people, their capability, organization structure and corporate culture issues
of your chosen organization in the context of strategy execution.
5. Offer recommendations for improving strategy formulation and implementation in
your chosen organization.
This assignment should be based on your current employer/business or a business with which
you have had some recent exposure and with which you are familiar.
Presenting your findings (Word limit – 3000 words with +/- 10 % permissible flexibility)
Your report should be presented in a management report format which includes an:
Executive summary (make it brief around 150 words – not counted in word limit), Introduction
(setting out the scope of your work), Main body, Recommendation and Conclusion.
Your report should incorporate the following steps:
©Al Tareeqah Management Studies – 2022 1
Type of Organization
• If your organization is part of a larger international organization, you may consider
only your country’s division. Avoid considering individual departments or sections of
an organization as this will constrain you to deal with functional-level strategy only.
• If your organization is a government department, proceed with an analysis of that
division, providing, it is a budgetary center. Dealing with a subdivision will constrain
you to deal with functional-level strategy only.
• If your organization is an independent, not-for-profit entity, proceed according to the
Make sure the conclusion is not just a summary of your recommendations. Emphasize the key
recommendations in your conclusion and consider how they might be actioned.