Professional Career Development — Jan 2022 Cohort
– Component 1— 2000 word reflective report
Suggested report format 1. Cover page (to include Module title, your name, student number, date, word count) 2. Executive Summary — a summary of the report assessment areas which you are addressing plus a summary of your findings. Typically, the executive summary is approx. half a page of A4.
3. Contents Page — provide a detailed contents page which highlights each of the sections and sub sections.
4. Testes of Reference — states who and why the report was requested. Typically just 1-2 lines in length. 5. Procedure — state what sources were used to compile your report. Eg. Journals, learning diary, academic books and literature, websites etc. Typically 1-2 lines in length.
6. Introduction —provide an academically based introduction on the importance and relevance of the main topics of the report ie. Self reflection, professional career development and employability skills.
7. Main Findings a. Johari Window — provide a detailed description of the model and how you have APPLIED the model to YOUR professional career development.
b. SWOT and conversion strategies – provide a detailed description of the model and how you have APPLIED the model to YOUR professional career development. You need to complete YOUR SWOT.
c. SMART goals – provide a detailed description of the model and how you have APPLIED the model to YOUR professional career development. You need to share YOUR SMART goal. d. Personal Development Plan (PDP) – provide a description of the PDP model and how you have APPLIED the model to YOUR professional career development. YOU Need to create and that YOUR PDP (using one of the examples we covered in class) which includes to employability skills which relate to YOUR SMART goal. e. Learning Style Questionnaires — briefly describe the different questionnaires (Myers Briggs, VARK, Honey and Mumford) and share a detailed analysis of YOUR results in relation to at lest 2 questionnaires. Discuss what you learnt by undertaking these.
8. Conclusions— a brief summary of your conclusions of the entire report (typically around a third of a page of A4) 9. Reference List — you must reference throughout your report plus provide a Harvard reference list in this section. Your assessment requires a MINIMUM of 10 references — more will earn you extra rnarks.
10. Appendices — any additional information which you want to include.
Your executive summar, reference list and appendices are NOT included in the word count. If you exceed 2,200 words or your report is less than 1800 words you will incur a penalty. Tip — use diagrams and graphics to enhance the professional presentation of your report.