Skip to content
- With reference to different conceptual approaches in IPE, critically evaluate
arguments for and against free international trade.
- With reference to international economic governance, critically examine the evolution of the Bretton Woods institutions.
- Critically examine the claim that globalization has weakened the nation-state.
- ‘Mainstream approaches to addressing climate change and environmental
degradation are basically “too little, too late”’. Critically discuss.
- Critically evaluate China’s economic rise since the late 20th century as an example of state-led developmentalism.
- Critically examine different political economy approaches to understanding global economic crises.
- Critically discuss the underlying causes of the European Union’s spate of economic and political crises over the past two decades.
- Critically evaluate the claim that US hegemony is in decline.