- Three similar steel bars of lengths 200cm, 300cm, and 360cm are cut into equal pieces. Find the largest possible area of a square that can be made from any of the three pieces.
- Expand ( 2 + x)5 in ascending powers of x up to the term in x3. Hence approximate the value of (2.03)5 to four significant figures.
- Water flows from a pipe at a speed of 200 liters per minute. If the pipe is used to drain a tank full of water measuring 3.2m by 2.5m by 2m, how many minutes would it take to drain the tank completely?
- Given that A (5, 1 ) and B ( 2, 5 ) find:
i) AB as a column vector.
- a) Construct a parallelogram PQRS such that PQ = 8cm, PS =4.5cm and angle QPS = 60
b) Locate the locus of a point X such that X is equidistant from P and R
- Calculate the shortest distance in nautical miles between M (450N, 380E ) and N (450N, 1420W).
- The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 3: 5: 6 and the perimeter is 56cm. Find the area of the triangle.
- The longer parallel sides of a trapezium are twice as long as the shorter parallel side. The height between the parallel sides is 10cm. If the area of the trapezium is 225cm², find the length of the longer parallel side.
- In the figure below, ABC is a tangent at B and CDE is a straight line Ð BED = 500, Ð DEF = 350, and ÐECB = 250.
- Solve for x
( Log x)2 – ½ log x = 3/2