HRMG601 Assessment (1500 words)
The individual assignment is a ‘critical learning journal’. Your learning journal is based on your insights and provides you with an opportunity to reflect on the ways in which the issues and concepts raised in the course affect you personally in your role as a manager in the future.
Learning Journal Requirements:
Based on the knowledge you have gained from the week-end workshops, self-reading and research you are expected to critically evaluate your learning in the unit:
1. Choose any 4 topics of your interest from the lecture topics provided in the lecture schedule for your self-analysis.
2. Discuss in the journal as below:
• What you have learnt about yourself based on the subject knowledge gained from this unit? (Define the theory/concepts of the chosen topic)
- Self-reflection: You demonstrate a willingness and ability to engage in self-reflection. You provide examples from your own experience. You show an understanding of the consequences of social, economic and environmental outcomes of sustainability impact on yourself, other stakeholders and the organization. (What do you think about the concept? Provide example about your personal experience)
• Conceptual understanding: You demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of conceptual material and HRM theories and concepts discussed in the course, and integrate them, as relevant, into your analysis. (How has the concept changed your understanding of the topic?)
• Application: You demonstrate a willingness and ability to take steps towards personal change based on the knowledge gained in this unit. You discuss in depth possible action plans for improvement in your managerial behaviour. (How the concepts is good for business/HR?)
• Critically evaluate your management style based on your analysis and provide appropriate journal references for your critical evaluation. (How the concept can shape you to do better in your HR profession?)
Nankervis, A., Baird, M., Coffey, J. & Shields, J. (2017) Human Resource Management: Strategy and Practice, 9th Asia-Pacific edition, South Melbourne: Cenage Learning Aus