MGMT 2605 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
FALL SEMESTER 2022
CONDUCTING CURRENT RESEARCH IN HUMAN RESOURSE MANGEMENT
TOPIC: (CHOOSE ANY ONE AREA OF HR: FOR EXAMPLE: COMPENSATION,
RECRUITING, EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE, ONBOARDING, ETC.)
Course Project (Value 10%)
First Part of Project:
Each group will conduct current research in Human Resource Management on a HR topic
chosen within their group.
Find a peer reviewed journal article which supports your topic.
Each student is responsible to select an article which supports your human resources
management topic (topic to be decided by your group) for critique from a journal of choice as
long as the article is peer-reviewed and is in the area of the topic chosen for your project.
Complete a critique on the selected article.
You will be required to critique a peer reviewed journal article which deals with the human
resources topic of your groups choosing. Your critical analysis should be done while paying
particular attention to the effects of your chosen topic on the workplace. Please use this as the
basis of your examination.
Read the article thoroughly, possibly multiple times. Try to gain an understanding of the content.
Organize your ideas and begin to write your critique applying your content to the sections below.
Section one: A critical assessment of the article
Example: How does it deal with human resources management in your
Section two: A summary of the research methods and findings
Example: What method(s) were used by the author/s? What were the
Section three: A statement about the value of the article to the human resources
Example: What impact or implications did this research have on the human resources
Formulate your findings in a 1 – 2 page paper.
Please post the link to your chosen peer reviewed article and your written critique in your
group files on MS Teams.
Second Part of Project:
The group members will compare and contrast the articles found on their chosen topic of
human resource management and write a paper using the findings from everyone’s
research. This can be done by posing fundamental questions which will examine and study your
chosen topic in organizations.
1. What is (insert your chosen topic, for example: compensation)? ;
2. What strategies are used in organizations (for example: compensation strategies)?;
3. What advantages /disadvantages may be prevalent with some strategies based on your
4. What impact or implications did this research have on human resource management?
The completed paper must include a title page, table of contents, the body and a reference
page, double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, in APA Format.
• Follow APA rules for citing/sourcing research both in-text and for the reference list.
• Title page including group name, each student id name and number, project title, course
code and title, date submitted, submitted to…
• Table of contents
• Font size 12 point Times Roman, double spaced, with page numbering
(exclude title and table of contents page from page numbering)
• A minimum number of pages for the body is six with a maximum of ten, double spaced.
• Make sure you proofread the document for content flow and check for grammar and
• Please contact the Reading and Writing Centre at CBU for help with formatting,
referencing, etc., for your paper. Please contact your librarian for help with your
Please post your group written paper in your group files on MS Teams and in the space
provided on Moodle. Only one group member will submit the final paper in Moodle.
Third Part of Project:
The group members will prepare a presentation based on the group’s findings.
Each group will present their key findings on their topic to the class. Group presentations will be
no less than 5 minutes and no more than 10 minutes.
Presentations will be done on MS Teams.
MGMT 2605 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT