You are working for Great Events Ltd, a company specialising in events of all
kinds, from the smallest event such as organising a meeting to mega event
such as participating in the organisation of the Olympic Games.
You are one of the most successful and enthusiastic event managers of the
company. Although your company can (and has) run any type of event, your
team specialise in the tourism and hospitality sector.
Your manager has asked you to participate in an exhibition connecting
suppliers and clients. Task 1 of 2 – Information brochure (AC1.1, 1.2, 2.1,
2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3) Instructions
Your first task is to create an information brochure for Great Events Ltd, your
brochure should be divided in 3 sections:
▪ Cover page with contact details
▪ Section 1: This section should include a broad classification of event
(from small to mega events) as well as examples for each category.
This section must provide details regarding the characteristic of each
kinds of events.
▪ Section 2: This section should include examples of venues suitable for
running the events. You should also promote the benefits of hosting
▪ Section 3: This section should provide details about what the MINCE
(Meetings, Incentives, Networking, Corporate hospitality and
Exhibitions) sector is, how it developed and what each element is
Delivery and Submission
▪ 1x Brochure
Task 2 of 2 – Sales pitch rehearsal (AC1.3, 4.1 & 4.2)
Before sending to the exhibition, and since you are to meet with potential
clients, your manager (your lecturer will play the role of your manager) wants
to hear your sales pitch. You will need to convince your clients that the positive
impacts of events outweigh the negative impacts.
Your pitch should
1. Start by explaining the relationship between tourism,
hospitality and events. 2. Provide an example of event in a
3. Explain the positive and negative impacts that the event has/had on
the destination. 4. Suggest ways to increase the positive impacts.
5. Suggest ways to decrease the negative impacts.
▪ 1x 5-7 minutes pitch
▪ 1x Copy of your notes
▪ 1x Lecturer evaluation form
▪ Word count for tasks 1 and 2 = 2500 words