Task – Questions
Knowledge and understanding for this core unit will be assessed by written answers to the questions below.
1. Drawing on your reading, explain one theory or model which examines organizational culture AND interpret one theory or model which examines human behavior.
2. Assess how people’s practices impact organizational culture and behavior, drawing on examples to support your arguments.
3. Many organizations have managed considerable change in recent years. CIPD’s report, People Profession 2030: a collective view of future trends identifies ‘internal change’ as a key future trend.
a. Explain different approaches to managing change
b. Discuss models for how change is experienced.
4. CIPD’s Good Work Index provides an annual benchmark of job quality. Data is gathered on seven dimensions of good work, including ‘health and wellbeing. Assess the importance of well-being at work and factors which impact well-being.
5. Discuss the links between the employee lifecycle and different people practice roles.
6. Analyse how people practice connects with other areas of an organization and supports wider people and organizational strategies.
7. People professionals provide a service to internal customers but to truly add value, people professionals need to understand their customer’s needs. Discuss processes for consulting and engaging with internal customers to understand their needs.