Business Values & Ethics
SBS – MBA/MSc
Assignment – 2022
UNIT TITLE: ___________________________________________________
NAME (in Full): ___________________________________________________
• Assignments submission date on 17th November 2022 at [email protected].
• Any Assignment submission extension request must come to Azra Fatima (Head: Examination |
Academic) [email protected] 5 days before the date of submission with a valid reason and
supported documentary evidence.
• APA 7th edition referencing guidelines needs to be followed.
• Similarity between student’s work is strictly not accepted, any student found with similar work will
be graded Zero and fail for the course. However, Plagiarism is an academic offence and will not be
• Any re-evaluation request should come in 5 days of grade release. Any late request will not be obliged.
(Form and other details shall be shared based on request)
• Reevaluation cannot be requested for plagiarized assignments as the assignment stands as an academic
• If a program participant submits the assignment late, but within 1 week after the submission date a 20%
penalty will be applied
• Re-evaluation request is NOT applicable for any failed courses provided the mark range from 59 to 69.
Any grade which is below the range is however not applicable for this request.
• Any rescheduling request can be fulfilled within one week after the actual date of the assessment. Any
late request will not be obliged.
• Assignment once submitted to exam board is final for marking.
• Second extension cannot be provided without supporting documentary evidence.
• Program participants are strongly advised to keep a copy of their work in case the submitted copy should
• Total 90 marks. 10 Marks for Class Attendance. Final marks will be
converted to 90 marks.
PS. Kindly note to adhere to all the above instructions. Failing to read this, ATMS will not be responsible for any
GUIDELINES FOR ASSIGNMENT
a) If assignment is Question & Answer based then.
• Introduction is needed for each question.
• Question has to be answered based on the mark allotted for each question with references if
any idea or information is taken from other source.
b) If assignment is case based then,
• Executive summary
• Table of content
• Body of assignment (questions related to case need to be answered)
• Conclusion / Recommendation if any
• References (in-text + citation) to be used.
Total Marks / 90
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, by representing someone else’s work as your own or using someone
else’s work (another student or author) without acknowledging it with a reference. This is a serious
breach of the Academic Regulations and will be dealt with accordingly. Students found to have
plagiarized can be excluded from the program.
Plagiarism occurs whenever you do any of the following things without acknowledging the original
✓ Copy information from any source (including the study guide, books, newspapers, the internet)
✓ Use another person’s concepts or ideas
✓ Summarize or paraphrase another person’s work.
How do I avoid plagiarism?
To ensure you are not plagiarizing, you must acknowledge with a reference whenever you:
✓ use another person’s ideas, opinions or theory
✓ include any statistics, graphs or images that have been compiled or created by another person or
✓ Paraphrase another’s written or spokenword.
What are the penalties?
The penalties for plagiarism are:
✓ Deduction of marks,
✓ A mark of zero for the assignment or the unit, or
✓ Exclusion from the program.
Plagiarism is dealt with on a case-by-case basis and the penalties will reflect the seriousness of the
Assignment – Business values & Ethics
(Minimum 2,000 words)
A. Your Ethical Dilemma.
1: Describe an ethical dilemma that you recently experienced.
What was the situation?
Who did it involve?
What did you do?
What did you not do?
Describe your reasoning process in taking or not taking action.
What did others do to you?
What was the result?
2: Reread the descriptions of relativism, utilitarianism, universalism, rights, justice, and
moral decision making in the lecture.
Explain which principle best describes your reasoning and your action(s) in the
dilemma you faced.
3: Were you conscious that you were reasoning and acting on these (or other) ethical
principles before, during, and after your ethical dilemma? Explain.
4: After this lecture, would you have acted any differently in your dilemma than you
B. Corporate Social Responsibility / Profits
(Minimum 600 words)
Briefly explain whether you think CSR and profits are compatible or a paradox.